IoT & smart sensors
Smart sensor solutions combine technology, intelligence and IoT connectivity to provide reliable data, that we can use to better understand our surroundings. Because of the low cost and big advantages, sensor applications have increased strongly over the last decades, from detecting threats and increasing our comfort to diagnosing diseases. They can make processes more efficient, extend our capabilities and guard our planet.
Key challenges for IoT & smart sensors
Understanding the physics
Knowing and understanding the physical principles allows you to select the right technology, or a combination of technologies, as well as determine and guarantee the expected performance.
Sensors tend to be small, low-power and low-cost. This limits the solution space and demands to use and optimize state-of-the art components and integration techniques.
A smart and connected sensor requires fusing different disciplines: physics, electronics, algorithms, software, connectivity, mechanics, design and manufacturability.
Think beyond the sensor
IoT enables integrating the sensor into a larger (cloud) system. Exploiting the capabilities of the overall system and making the right trade-offs leads to innovative and disruptive solutions.
Integrating specific technology
Verhaert selects, combines and integrates the most promising technologies to meet your application expectations. Wireless communication, sensors, battery energy harvesting, hard- and software, front- and backend development or integration, cloud or hybrid algorithms in order to develop IoT-based smart sensor nodes.
- IaaS/PaaS: IBM Bluemix, Amazon (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
- Big Data: Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hbase, Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ
- Server-side: Apache, Node.js, Express.js, MySQL, SqlServer, PostgreSQL
- Native Mobile: iOS, Android, Windows
- Hybrid Mobile: Ionic 2, Xamarin, Cordova
- Web client-side: Html5, Css3, Angular.js, Angular (2), Socket.io, Sass, Bootstrap, Foundation, jQuery
- 3D, Computer Vision, AR/VR: OpenGL, WebGL, OpenCV, OpenNI, Unity3D, ARToolkit, Vuforia SDK
- Surrogate modeling
- Monte Carlo approaches
- Structuring the unstructured
- Estimate from proxy information
- Pattern recognition
- Search/planning/optimization problems
Some of our success stories in IoT & smart sensors
Get in touch
Wondering how the smart connected technologies in our portfolio support your applications? As your R&D partner, Verhaert tackles your challenges in developing smart products.