Verhaert Masters in Innovation refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Verhaert Masters in Innovation respects your privacy and is committed to protect it through our compliance with this statement. This statement, set forth below, is our privacy statement for the global organization of Verhaert Masters in Innovation member firms and other entities within Masters in Innovation.
In this statement, personal information means data which relates to an individual and which identifies that individual either directly or indirectly, such as your name or your contact information. This statement is applicable to our websites or mobile applications and all (commercial) relations between Verhaert Masters in Innovation and its customers, prospects, business partners, employees, potential new employees and freelancers. If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact your usual representative.
1. Types of personal data
The types of personal data we may collect and process include personal information that can be used to identify you, such as:
- Your name (Name and First name)
- IP address
- Email address
- Billing address, Shipping address
- Telephone number (landline/mobile phone)
- Product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide
- Information concerning your use of our Websites and/or mobile applications (hereinafter referred to as the “App”) (including, but not limited to, IP address, browser type, the web pages you visited when you obtained access to the Website)
- In some limited cases, health information, information regarding race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, membership information, and information regarding gender may also be collected
- The log-in details of your mobile device as well as geographical location data (where appropriate)
- Communication preference
- Incoming and outgoing correspondence data
Verhaert Masters in Innovation also automatically collects anonymous information regarding your use of our Websites and services. As such, Verhaert Masters in Innovation shall, for example, automatically log which sections of the Website, Platform or App you visit, which web browser you use, which website you visited when you obtained access to the Website, and what your IP address is. We cannot identify you through these data, but it allows Verhaert Masters in Innovation to draw up statistics regarding the use of the Website, the Platform and/or the App, and to send more targeted communication.
2. Methods of personal data collection
The personal data are collected and can be processed in the context of:
- Creating a (demo) account
- Collaboration with Verhaert Masters in Innovation
- Visiting the Website
- Your use of our services via the Platform and/or the App, whether or not using a mobile device
- Subscribing to the newsletter (via the Website or not)
- The verification of your identity (e.g. when you solicit the Verhaert Masters in Innovation customer service or reset your password)
- Incoming and outgoing correspondence with Masters in Innovation
- Communicating ideas to Verhaert Masters in Innovation with regards to improving the services, the Platform and/or the App
- Requesting a quote. Implementing an agreement with Verhaert Masters in Innovation
- Providing support
- Sending targeted marketing and advertising, updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- Issuing invoices and collecting payment
- Optimizing the quality, management and content of our websites, platforms and apps
- Statistical purposes
- The exchange of business cards
- Verhaert Masters in Innovation may conduct surveys and other market research. Survey participants may be asked for personal information (name, contact information, etc.) in additions for opinions or feedback. The type of information provided via surveys may vary.
- Your interest in working for Masters in Innovation
- Verhaert Masters in Innovation occasionally requires registration in exchange for our thought leadership: white papers, articles, studies, reports, survey analyses, booklets, etc. Your personal information may be requested in registration forms and the type of information collected from you will vary. Verhaert Masters in Innovation reserves the right to distribute certain thought leadership materials only to those who supply the requested information
- Event registration. The type of information collected will vary. Verhaert Masters in Innovation may share registrant information with third parties in association with the event. Examples of “third parties” include hotels, sponsors or co-sponsors, promoters, event organizers (including via third party web sites), speakers, panelists, etc.
- If you have been given access rights to Verhaert Masters in Innovation Client Portal by your Verhaert Masters in Innovation contact
- Facilitate and improve your online experience
- Provide the Services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide training and customer service
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of this direct marketing, please see the Your Choices section below)
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities
- Process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Contact you regarding your use of the Website and, in our discretion, changes to our policies
- Provide you with notices related to the Website and the Services
- We store user input data sent through the contact forms on our websites, along with meta-information about the submissions, including the time stamp, the origin IP address, and the user agent (browser)
Personal information will be registered in our customer relationship management (CRM) system.
If you have opted out for receiving future Verhaert Masters in Innovation publications, your contact details will remain on our opt-out list to prevent that you receive any further publications from Masters in Innovation.
The personal data collected by Verhaert Masters in Innovation are therefore expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
3. Information we collect automatically
We and our service providers automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Website and store it in log files. This information may include demographic information; IP address; browser type; operating system characteristics; information about your use of the Website; and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device), such as unique device identifiers, type, model, version, MAC address, device or session ID, error related data status, capability, confirmation, functionality, performance data, and connection type. This information may also include clickstream data, which is information about the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through the Website.
The methods that we and our service providers may use to automatically collect such information include:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our Website, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed the Website. We may link this information to other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files that are placed on a computer when it is used to visit a Website. These cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences or web pages visited while using the Website. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Website. For more information about disabling flash cookies, visit the Flash Player settings on Adobe’s website. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Website. In addition, please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected. For more information on our cookie usage, please read our Cookie Statement.
- Web Beacons: We may include small graphic images called web beacons, also known as “internet tags,” “clear gifs” or “tracking pixels,” in our web pages and email messages. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Website, to monitor how users navigate the Website, and to count how many emails that we sent were actually opened or how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Other Tracking Technology: Masters in Innovation and our service providers may use other tracking technologies to analyze Website trends, track our users’ movements around the Website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Information we automatically collect about you, such as how you interact with the Website, may be combined with your personal information. If we associate any such automatically-collected information with personal information about you, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
We and our business partners and other third parties may send you product promotions that are aligned with your purchase trends identified through automatically-collected information.
4. Information we collect from our partners and other sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we may obtain your contact information if you attend a conference or webinar that we sponsor and the organizer provides us with a list of attendees. We may also obtain your contact information from third parties that market mailing lists. If we receive personal information from a third-party source and/or if we combine the information we receive from these third-party sources with your personal information, we will treat that information as personal information. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or how such third parties collect, use and share such information.
5. Sharing of information
We may disclose your personal information to our agents, vendors, consultants and other service providers to carry out work on our behalf. These entities acting on our behalf are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance.
We must disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In addition, we may share information about you as follows:
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in response to subpoenas or other legal process or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements for the Services or policies;
- To protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us or any third party;
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we may also use IP addresses, mobile device identifiers or any other information we collect to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you;
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, or any other type of acquisition of all or any portion of Masters in Innovation assets, financing, disposal, conveyance or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company, in this event you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
In our sole discretion, we may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
6. Social media platforms
You may wish to participate in the various blogs, forums, wikis and other social media platforms hosted by Masters in Innovation (“Social Media Platforms”) which we make available to you. The main aim of these Social Media Platforms is to facilitate and allow you to share content. However, Masters in Innovation cannot be held responsible if you share personal information on Social Media Platforms that is subsequently used, misused or otherwise appropriated by another user.
Masters in Innovation may also provide links to other social media platforms maintained on separate servers by individuals or organizations over which Masters in Innovation has no control. Masters in Innovation makes no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy or any other aspect of the information located on such servers.
A link to a third party’s website should not be construed as an endorsement by either Masters in Innovation or that third party of the other or its products and services. Masters in Innovation makes no representations or warranties regarding how user data is stored or used on third-party servers. We recommend reviewing the privacy statement of each third-party site linked from our websites to determine their use of your personal information.
7. Children’s privacy
Masters in Innovation websites are not intended for use by children. We understand the importance of protecting children’s information, especially in an online environment, and we do not knowingly collect or maintain information about children.
8. General data protection regulation
Masters in Innovation is aware of the passage of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are evaluating any additional requirements or restrictions imposed by the GDPR to ensure that we handle customer data in compliance with applicable law by the 2018 deadline. Please check back periodically as we will update this section with additional information.
Masters in Innovation undertakes to take reasonable, physical, technological and organizational precautions in order to avoid unauthorized access to your personal information, and loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data.
Notwithstanding Masters in Innovation security policy, the checks it carries out and the actions it proposes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, Masters in Innovation is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
Finally, the security of your (demo) account will also partly depend on the confidentiality of your password in obtaining access to the Platform and/or the App. If you have communicated your password to a third party – for example because this third party has indicated that it wishes to offer additional services – this third party shall have access to your (demo) account and your personal data via your password. In such cases, you are liable for the transactions which occur as a result of the use made of your (demo) account. Masters in Innovation therefore strongly advises you, if you observe that someone has accessed your (demo) account, to immediately change your password and contact us.
10. Changes to this privacy statement
Masters in Innovation may change this privacy statement as needed. As such, it is strongly recommended to regularly consult this statement, to make sure that you are aware of any changes.
11. Storage of personal data
Unless a longer storage period is required or justified by the law or through compliance with another legal obligation, Masters in Innovation shall only store your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfil the purpose in question.
12. Your choices
Your privacy rights
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights, as defined below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Right of access to personal data which Masters in Innovation possibly has concerning you;
- Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data;
- Right to delete your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- Right to transferability of your personal data;
- Right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data;
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the above-mentioned form. In addition, you can always, via your personal account, update, modify and/or verify your personal data which you were required to submit when creating your (demo) account.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about our services, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button underneath each of Masters in Innovation emails.
If you have any complaints about the way Masters in Innovation collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commission.
13. Contact Masters in Innovation
If you have questions about this Privacy Declaration, or the manner in which Masters in Innovation collects, uses or processes your personal data, please contact us:
- Via e-mail: email@example.com
- Via post: Masters in Innovation, Hogenakkerhoekstraat 21, 9150 Kruibeke (Belgium)
Last reviewed in January 2020